The standing committee for Education, Policy and Professional Standards (CEPPS) is a committee launched during the AGM of 2014 with the aim of forming and promoting policy in the field of Podiatric Medicine and mantain and promote the latest professional standards in clinical practice. The committee is also responsible for organising and promotion of academic initiatives and CPD/CPE amongst member podiatrists.
The standing committee is chaired by the Officer for Education, Policy and Professional Standards of the central committee.
For the purpose of maximum representation of the profession, committee members are chosen from different sectors. One member coming from each of the following groups are elected:
- Central Committee member (Chairperson)
- Podiatrist representing public practice
- Podiatrist representing private practice
- Academic Podiatrist representing University of Malta
- Podiatrist representing Department of Podiatry, University of Malta
- Student Representative
The standing committee reports to the central committee on any decision taken.